Monday, February 7, 2011

The Best Of Street

Say hello to my first entry. For my debut, I am writing about the food that one usually munches on to when either he/she has a tight budget, or he/she has experienced sudden cravings on the street! Now let me share to you, my beloved reader, a roster of my  personal favorites. How about a delicious budget friendly food without compromising cleanliness, hygiene and safety. That's something right? So here, my own personal recommendation of a perfect spot to hop in whenever you are in Q.C, specifically when you are within the boundaries of  Anonas, Sikatuna, and Kamuning.

This is the first view of the haven of enticing thrills. 

(One could never cross this street without noticing this Ice Cream House. )

This ice cream house has been the place of joy to children for the past years. The store serves locally made ice cream that comes in different variants. They also have, yes! Pizza. A Perfect match! Aside from ice cream, they also have floats and shakes of different kinds! And did I mention, this place are also for diabetics, for they sell sugar-free ice cream! Their products have prices ranging from 5 pesos to 200++ pesos. They also have party sized ice cream which is very applicable for any celebration.

Just beside the ice cream store is this fish ball cart! Uh oh! This stand is definitely like no other fishball stands in the Metro. This stand is much more hygienic that those on the streets for it doesn't allow sauce dippings. They have the sauce in bottles and one must have to squeesh the bottle to put the desired sauce on to his/her plastic cup or mini paper plate. Fishball is at a .50 cents, as usual and Chicken Ball and Squid Ball is priced at 2.50P each!



A few steps from  the ice cream store is this small stall selling quail eggs, cheese sticks, kikiam, lumpia and my favorite...


Calamares! Yes! I tell you, you can never go wrong with their Calamares. They have the best street Calamare on the Metro, i tell you! What's good is that they do not allow people to dip on the sauce instead they give plastic cups to their customers.

My all time favorite Calamare costs 4P each. Yes, that is really worth the price. They also have the best vinegar-compatible-to-calamares sauce, and the super delicious chili garlic that would also add to the flavor. Yummy! 

A few more walks and you will find this Barbeque stand!

This Barbeque stand is my favorite. They have the best-tasting isaw ng baboy, and Balun-balunan at a very affordable price. The chicken intestine (isaw ng manok), pork intestine (isaw ng baboy, which is practically at two kinds but both taste delicous!), is at 4PhP, pork ears (tenga ng baboy) is priced at 7PhP, while their gizzard (Balunbalunan) is at 10PhP. I am not so sure about the barbeque, sorry but i tell you it wouldn't exceed 13PhP. I am also not sure about the dugo, because I haven't tried eating one in my entire life. Practically, you can have everything you want for less that 50 pesos. (With pants, unbuttoned after.)

Those are my favorite spots around Sikatuna. I know I haven't explored enough but I am sharing it anyway. Hihi. 

Btw, there are also, Buko Stand, and other stalls within the street. These are just my personal recommendations. Tried and Tested.

So, to him who said that one could never have delicious street food without compromising hygiene and cleanliness.. Hm! I bet he hasn't been in this place! I can't wait 'til he discover this delicious alley in this simple street in Q.C!

See you there! Happy Eating! 

x,
Alyana.

No comments:

Post a Comment