Monday, October 3, 2011

Wai Ying Sunday

It was a sunny Sunday when my father asked us to attend Catholic mass with him. Every first Sunday of the month, a mass is conducted in the Club House of our vicinity, and since was the time of the month, he asked us to come over. As all of you would have known, me and my sister have been attending Sunday Services in CCF for the past three months already.

After attending the mass, we asked him to treat us over breakfast. Since he's been missing authentic Chinese Food for the longest time, I told papa to treat us to some place I knew because of my friend Jungle Bolo (

Jungle Bolo, or Kenneth (his real name) is an authentic Chinese Malaysian classmate friend of mine. He is my thesismate and our forever tour guide in Binondo. He introduced Wai Ying to us when we went with him to help in his final project in EM-TECH, which was a food blog.

Wai Ying is located in Benavides Street, just across Hope Christian Academy of Manila. It a two storey establishment, which is fully air-conditioned.  Here is my in depth experience with their food.

Their Menu - Everything's very affordable!

 
We started with the Beef Wonton Noodles. They have generous servings for their noodles. An order, for the starter would be good for 2-3 people. PhP 100 per order
Their Chicken Feet was also delish. I didn't find something unique with the taste but nevertheless it was delicious. PhP 60 per order.
 
Oops, before I forget, they also serve their house tea. I do not exactly know if this was Oolong or Jasmine, but it tasted delicious too.
 
Because Pancit is my father's favorite and they do not have that conventional pancit here, we ordered Beef Hofan. These are thin flat noodles sauted in bean sprouts, onions, leeks, and beef.

  We also ordered Sea King roll, (I don't know if I spelled it correctly, but atleast that's how it was pronounciated. Heee) This was actually my mom's favorite. It was delicious! 

 
I forgot what this was called but this was actually similar to Machang. I'm not a fan of sticky rice or so I didn't enjoy this as much. My father likes this so I guess it was also scrumptious.
 
We also ordered Asado. I tell you this was the best Asado I've tasted so far. It was authentic and very savory. It also comes with a separate Asado sauce. PhP 120 for 1/4 Kilo.

 
A very unusual addition to our orders was the dessert. Diabetis runs in the family so we are seldom allowed to order dessert when dining out. As in very seldom. Anyway, this was one of the seldom days so we ordered Buko Pandan- PhP 40 pesos. It was very tasty. Right amount of sweetness and creaminess. I loved it really. 
 We also ordered their Almond Jelly. It was initially bland for me, but when I got to sip  to the lower part of the glass, that's when I got to taste the Almond Flavor. Heee. Perfect for people who just wants a little taste of sweetness for the taste is really light but, nevertheless refreshing.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience in Wai Ying. We were very full and content. It was really value for money.

 Here's my two-thumbs up pose with my sister. With my face super bloated. Heeee.

x,
Yana

No comments:

Post a Comment