Monday, October 10, 2011

Forever Addiction: Lipstick Haul Part 1 + Sophie Cream Blush

Because I have been in my lipstick mojo lately, and I have made a beauty portion here in my blog, I decided to write about my lipsticks.

As all of you would have known, apart from eye makeups, lipsticks are my favorite. I always wanted to experiment different hues on my lips. Putting on different hues of lipsticks sort of defines the kind of look I want to have in a particular moment.

I am not actually picky when it comes to cosmetics. As long as they are not made from China (no pun intended), I am very open in trying them. I am also not a grand splurger when it comes to make up.  I believe that price is not always equated to the quality and vice versa. With that, I am in a constant search for great buys with good quality.

So let's get started.

These first four are from my train case. They were actually gifts from my mom from the Color Institute. These are semi-matte kind of lipsticks.

The rightmost and leftmost lippies are kind of dark for me. They are more on the violet, maroon side that's why I seldom use them. The second lippy is more on the nude side with a bit of shimmer. A Perfect partner to accentuate those defying eyes. The third lipstick is an ordinary red lipstick. I tell you, I have a number of red lipsticks in my collection. Red lipsticks are just...classic.

 This second set are from NYX Cosmetics. I got addicted with the numerous shades of their round lipstick collection since I knew about them about two months ago. I initially bought Narcissus and Rose but I gave them away to my girl friends (together with my Beauty Treats lippy). Because I like their round lipstick so much, I ordered another three from my supplier (which I still haven't received).

Last week, when Anj and I went to the Mega Trade Sale in SM Mega Mall, I found the booth of Digital Traincase. As usual, I was mesmerized because all their lippies were on hand. To my excitement, I bought these two which were priced at PhP 150, individually. I actually found it a bit pricey because I get my NYX lipsticks from my supplier at around PhP 100 pesos, but nevertheless, I bought it because they were on hand. No more waiting! Weee!!

I like both the Narcissus and Louisiana. Narcissus was more on the Barbie Pink side while Louisiana was more on the hot pink side of hue. I like it better when I combine them both, the result is just amazing. Just right for everyday wear.

These are the last set of lipstick I got from my cousin who is a distributor of Sophie Paris goods. The first lipstick was in a Mango Peach shade. I loved it because it was my first coral tone, orange-y lipstick. The second one was in Red Pepper. It is in a medium red shade side. By the way, I got the lippies for just PhP 78 pesos each. Good bargain, I know!

The last thing I want to talk about is the Sophie Magic Pink Cream. It is a blusher in a cream based formula with a consistency similar to a lotion.  I tell you, among all the blush/cheek tints I have tried, this is the best! Super long wearing, it lasts from the moment you dab it on until you shower in the evening. Heee. And the best part is, it retails for only PhP 70 pesos!

So there, I think I've exhausted enough. Feel free to suggest! I am planning to buy a BB Cream any time soon. I would love to share it with you, the moment I have pursued purchasing one. Hee (still thinking eh) Hee

x,
Yana

1 comment: