Monday, September 19, 2011

Like My Mother Does


This song was sung by the American Idol finalist Laureen. I had just heard it over the radio, a few moments back and I couldn't help but cry. The song reminded me of my mother, whom we all know is far away from us- like continents away from us. The song made me realize how I miss every part of her. It made me want to hug her tight. Every word in the lyrics is just fit to describe how I feel about my mom. I love her to bits. I do not only see her as an icon of authority and respect, but a person of fun and love. She's my best-est friend. 

She's the person who never gets tired of reminding me of how great I am, as a person. She never fails to bring out the best in me. She always believes in my potentials. She never lost her faith in me.

She's the person I can share all my thoughts with, my secrets, my blunders, my angst, my goals and my dreams. She has been my refuge. She understands me, but never tolerates me in my wrong-doings. She's been there for me, accepted me with open-arms when I make mistakes.

We have been together through good times and bad. She has seen me cry. I have seen her weep. We get strengths from each other. We face problems together, and eventually laugh about it together too. She has just been the best. 

She's a fighter. She has never given up of me. She has never given up on us, and for that I will always be thankful. I am truly blessed for having her. 

These words are really not enough for me to express how much I love her, how much proud I am to have a mother like her and how much I am longing to be with her again. Indeed, I have always been her baby, and I think I will always be.


Love you mama. :)

Forever your baby girl,
Yana

No comments:

Post a Comment