Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Story Behind My "Kakuriputan"



After reading this, you would probably understand the reason behind my so-called "Kakuriputan". Heee.

I don't see this as a problem, but the thing with me is that I am not fond of spending grand for stuff. Maybe because me and my sister were raised in a family where luxury has never been a priority. We grew up in a family where money would meant a result of a day of labor and hard work for the part of my striving parents.We were never spoiled, yet we were also never deprived of what we need. 

I also somehow know what it takes to earn money. And yes, it wasn't easy. When I was in grade school, I had to sell some of  my sticker collections. I also had to sing in front  of the class just so we can raise money for our class funds (5 pesos chorus part, 20 pesos whole song). I also had experienced having some of my W.I.T.C.H collections for rent back then. I did those things because, I don't know, maybe as early as those years I had my passion for selling. Those, I did out of passion, but when we got in a bit of a crisis, I asked my mom if I could sell sandwiches to my classmates. That I am sure, I did out of love and to support my mom and my family.

When I was in high school, there was only one thing I did to earn money. And that is to write notes for people who didn't jot down lessons during the entire year. I charged them, 300 pesos per notebook (inclusive of the notebook and first to fourth quarter notes).

Now that I am in college, I think most of you know that I (together with my friends) sell Animo Shirts, through a brand we call Green Tee. Soon enough, I will venture possible opportunities in Odesk and Nuffnang.

Well anyhow. I also do not like to splurge on things because I still do not have the right to do it. For one, I am still not capable of producing money of my own. Yes I have a small time business but without the support of my family, loved ones and a little of my savings (which were also from my parents technically speaking, because they were the ones who give my allowance) I wouldn't have even a single penny with me. I think it would be disrespectful of me to splurge on stuff, while they are working their butts off just to send me to school and help me raise money that I need to support me on my ventures.   

And what if I already have the right to do it? Well I guess, I won't still do. I'd rather invest them in some business hoping that my money would go places.

If you're wondering if it would be possible for me to change my ways. Hmm, For now, and for long, I think, I am cool with it. :)

I think I have stressed all my thoughts related to me being "Kuripot" fair enough. It's up to you my reader to decide if you still call that Kuripot or something else.
 
I will blog about where I get my things in a few days, for those of you who are wondering. :)

xx,
Yana :)

1 comment: