Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Cafe Lidia Experience

It was half past two when Anj and I decided to go to Marikina and explore where Cafe Lidia is. It was actually an impulsive decision for we didn't have any idea where to spend our time in. We initially wanted to go to Eastwood but we thought we didn't have anything to do there, so we pursued our impulsive plan(?- ironic; impulsive but plan HAHA)

I personally didn't know where the Cafe is. I just had a chance to read several reviews on the internet about their food, as well as their place. Relying in my retentive memory(?), we headed to Calumpang Marikina. I called my sister and asked her to text me where the exact address was. Thanks to Andrei, the jeepneys which we followed, and the very nice Marikenos, we found the Cafe easily without wasting too much gas.

We reached the place at around 3. We were nicely welcomed by their crews. I didn't expect the Cafe to have such great edifice since it was situated in concealed (well at least, for me) residential place. The interiors were great. I actually felt like I am in some local beer pub in the U.S. (like those I have seen in the movies)- cozy, and laid back.

They have an array of cakes to choose from. Price ranges from PhP 80- 120/slice.

We ordered three entrees- Buffalo Wings, Seafood Marinara and their house special pizza. We also had a slice of Choco Marshmallow Cake for our dessert. Basing from what I saw and also experienced. They offer very affordable dishes. Price ranges from 120-300, as far as I can remember.
House Special Pizza - PhP 230 (Good for 2-4 persons)
Buffalo Wings (PhP 160)
Seafood Marinara (PhP 160- Good for two)
Choco Marshmallow Cake (PhP 85/slice)
As for the taste. I liked everything. From the wings to the pasta to the pizza, down to the dessert. Real value for money. I was also actually surprised because in that time of the day, the cafe was already half full. It just proved how people love the Cafe.

The entire experience was indeed very fulfilling. Not only did it fill my stomach, but it also actually strengthens my thought that Filipinos really excel in cooking, regardless of the kind of cuisine they are offering. Filipinos really have the passion in the said field and so they(we) excel. I'm happy because the Cafe did not only meet my expectations, it actually surpassed them. I'm glad because I walked outside the Cafe not only with a happy stomach but also a happy heart.
Cafe Lidia is a must try! I hope you would also be able to hop in sometime. :-)

With a happy heart, and stomach,
Yana

No comments:

Post a Comment