Friday, May 13, 2011

DVBS Week: Faith

It was a tough yet a fun-filled and happy week for me. Tough because I have duties to attend to and fun because it was very nice being with the kids. It was also pretty challenging because I had to speak in English for almost the entire week for it was the medium of instruction, also, most (if not all) of the kids are really english speakers so I really have to keep up. Ha ha ha. Nevertheless the experience was pricesless, especially when a kid calls you teacher and embraces you. It's just so fulfilling.

This Photo Blog for the things that had happened for the past week.

When the clock strikes at 8. I had to be in my position for the Praise and Worship.


These are the very energetic kids attending the VBS. (During Praise and Worship/ Assembly)
Spot me!


These are my co-prompters, I hadn't become close to them that much and we weren't able to bond as much but I must say, they are awesome kids! 


After praise and worship, we then must go down to our classrooms. As for my case. I am in room A1 for class Faith. That is in 3rd floor.


I was assigned to teach, and tell the kids bible stories for three weeks. This was one of the days when teacher Betty was assigned to do the same thing- Thursday.

Teacher Betty teaching about hero behind Jesus feeding the five thousand.

After the bible story and lesson, the kids will then answer the activity in their booklet. After answering it's time for their memory verse. Memory verse is the part when the kids learn and memorize a bible verse with the help of an activity or a game.

Ely, Lawrence, TJ, Lyan
Snacks come after the memory verse. Snack time is also play time and CR breaks.


After the snacks, its one of the kids favorite part of the DVBS- Craft time!

Tchr Lace, Ava, Elly, Lyan
Michah, Lyan, Ava, Marck
TJ, Josh, Michah, Tchr Jojo, Lyan, Ava
Tchr Lace, Thursday, Marck, ?, Nina, Alessi

One of the teacher's responsibility was also to counsel the student. During the counseling, the teacher must share the gospel and know whether the pupil has already accepted Jesus. It is also a perfect time for the teachers to remind the student about the four truths. (God loves me, I have sinned, Jesus died for me, and I need to decide to live for God) A teacher can either use the Evangelicube or the God's story pamphlet to help her with the counseling. 

Me using the God's story pamphlet to Julia

On the first day, we told the kids that they will be merited for all the good things that they will do. That includes being the early bird, being the servant of the day, and being participative and attentive in class.

The pupil with the most number of stars will get a prize on the last day.

Accumulated stars of every student!
Because of their hardwork, they were given a prize on the last day. Thanks Tchr. Betty!

Joash, Lawrence, TJ
Nina, Alessi, Moira, Elly
Misaki, Marck, Nathan, Daiki

Before ending the VBS, we had our class picture taken.


I'm gonna miss this. My summer had become one of the best because of this experience and because of you guys. Thank you! 

x.
Teacher Yana

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yana! What does DVBS stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stands for Daily Vacation Bible School :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot :). Sorry about the random question. But I am the developer of a Christian game for Facebook, Holy Town, and someone wrote this on one of my game's statuses. So I was googling and your blog came up :)

    ReplyDelete